Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Do you know how much I love teaching poetry? TONS!!!!!!

Check out these three poems by Mountaineer fifth graders!



School Music
By:Mary Moyer
Inspired by:Arnold Adoff

This School:
TAP
TAP
TAP
Scribble
Scribble
Noises from the school
Flip go the pages
S-C-R-E-E-C-H-I-N-G
Sneakers STOMP
STOMP
STOMP
Down the stairs
Children drink from a bottle
T I T
W S

Glug glug glug

Then go back to work

School Music.





Push Yourself
By:Evander Mosley

I feel good
I am ready for my basketball workout
Today it starts off easy
30 minutes later
I feel weak
And sick
But I need to push myself
And every time someone passes me
I go a little bit faster
Because if he can do it
I can do it



Fire music
By Regis Houlier
inspired by Arnold Adoff

This fire:
The always
Noise of
Crackle
Crash
Spark
And the chirps
Of crickets
And the bright colors of
Red
    Orange
              Yellow
And sometimes blue
Being sent up into the air
D- i -s -a -p -p -e -a -r -i -n -g
Into smoke,
And the smell of burning
Pine .
With the
Always noise of this campfire
Fire music  


No comments:

Post a Comment